Episode 106: Chellsie Memmel on (Adult) Gymnastics
Olympian Chellsie Memmel talks gymnastics with contributor Ben Jackson. She tells what it was like to be an alternate at the Athens 2004 Olympics, then competing while injured at Beijing 2008. Chellsie’s still involved in the gymnastics world–including getting back into the sport as an adult. Plus, the USOPC has relaxed the restrictions on Rule 40. We try to make sense of them.
If you liked this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 101: Karolos Grohmann on the Olympics’ Rule 40
- Episode 40: Synchronized Swimming Is No Joke
- Episode 17: Snowboard! Party Time!
- Episode 38: Erin Jackson’s PyeongChang & the Canadian Olympic Experience
- Episode 42: Montreal’s Olympic Legacy
Thanks, as always, to our Patreon patrons and Paypal donors, whose contributions make this show possible. Please consider donating to support the show.
We’d love to hear your thoughts! We’re at email@example.com or 530-7-O-FEVER. You can also find us on Twitter and Insta or join in the conversation on our Facebook Group. And help us find more of our people–review the show on your favorite podcasting platform and share it with a friend.
Thanks so much for listening, and until next time, keep the flame alive!